Glasgow International Airport/World Duty Free and others
PACIFIC Building are playing a key role in the massive £17million revamp of Glasgow International Airport ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games and Ryder Cup.
The most striking feature of the makeover will be a new international arrivals area, where competitors and overseas visitors arriving for the prestigious sporting events will form their first impressions of the city and of Scotland.
In addition to the expansion and improvement of the international arrivals area are modernisations to the main check-in hall and a £1million-plus upgrade of the toilets within the terminal.
In detail, Pacific have secured the following projects:
• International Arrivals & West Service Yard – formation of new glazed entrance area, floor, wall and ceiling finishes, formation of new service yard and associated works.
• Toilet Core refurbishment – strip-out of 12 existing toilet cores, supply and fitting of new floor wall and ceiling finishes, including new sanitary ware, IPS and cubicles.
• World Duty Free – a new first-floor extension to accommodate the expanding tax and duty-free area.
• WDF enabling works – formation of new storage areas to enable extension works to commence.
• WDF fit-out – new floor wall and ceiling finishes, all works carried out over several phases. Take delivery, assemble and fit furniture/shelving.
• Check-in tiling works – uplift and replace existing floor tiles to check-in area over several phases.
All of these projects will see Pacific’s highly skilled and dedicated team working flat-out.