OUR dedicated workshop allows Pacific Building to provide added value to our clients via a single point of contact, through continuity from design to installation and via innovation throughout the process.
The majority of projects delivered by Pacific are for hospitality clients, who are looking for design and for products that set their offerings apart.
In scenarios such as this, architects and interior designers will conceive custom products such as furniture, fixtures and fittings which are not available “off-the-shelf”.
Previously, Pacific would have had to source from external suppliers and often engage a third party to install.
This meant that we had limited control in terms of quality, which may only have become apparent at the time of delivery to site.
The fact that these bespoke items were high value and fundamental to the project meant that any failings would have an exponential effect on what are often tight programme periods.
Developing our own joinery workshop with experienced management and supervision has allowed us to produce these bespoke items in-house, allowing us to guarantee the quality of the finished product before it leaves us.
While there has been a capital investment in premises, staff and equipment, we are able to produce high-quality items at an economic level which allows us to remain competitive across our core sectors.
What the workshop can do
Our workshop team can design, manufacture and install bars, screens, wall panels, bespoke storage and reception desks.
These are often integrated with other materials including marble, brass, copper, laminates, glass and acrylic surface materials – we proud to be are Corian-approved fabricators and installers.
There is also an in-house spray booth for paint and other finishing treatments.
We do not produce “mass market” joinery items such as doors and windows.
How it benefits clients
The workshop allows Pacific to offer a one-stop service. Clients and designers can visit the workshop throughout the process to watch their products come together and inspect the quality.
Our talented team can also offer alternative solutions in terms of materials, proportions and design, which will deliver the same aesthetic but perhaps in a more economic form.
The workshop’s involvement in the installation also means that products can be designed and manufactured with transportation and final installation in mind.
The workshop has supplied projects across the UK, including bespoke joinery for offices, restaurants, pubs and hotels.
Our machinery and equipment is fully compatible with Autocad/ REVITT and similar design software.
Our workshop is fully equipped with joinery machinery and tooling and is complemented by an in-house facility for painting and French polishing.
As with our design and manufacturing process, all installations are subject to Pacific’s ISO 9001 accredited quality management processes.
Commissions delivered to date
- Fever-Tree Bar, Edinburgh International Airport – bar top/ shelving/display units
- All Bar One Edinburgh and Glasgow – bar/screens/feature wall
- JD Wetherspoon, Glasgow – bar/ceiling features/wall panelling/model plane
- Bocco, Aberdeen International Airport – wall panels/bar/fixed seating/ceiling raft
- Lauder’s, Glasgow – bar/screens/vanity units/bespoke doors
- ISG, Edinburgh University – reception desk
- Flutes & Tails, Edinburgh International Airport – poseur tables
- Plaza Premium Lounge, Edinburgh International Airport – bar/ banquette seating/bespoke display cabinets
- Bird & Signet Bar, Glasgow Airport – bar/ banquette seating/ storage areas/waiter stations
- Marine Hotel, North Berwick – reception desk/ bar/ banquette seating/ bespoke shelving/ ceiling rafts
- Holiday Inn, Edinburgh Zoo – reception desk/ bar/ waiter station/storage cubicles
- Renaissance Golf Club – individual wine cabinets
- Rusacks Hotel Restaurant, St Andrews – banquette seating/ bar/fixed furniture/ wall and ceiling panels